Thursday, October 13, 2011

Smart like Art...

Art, as everyone knows comes in all shapes, sizes, mediums and prices! During my trip to Hawaii last year I saw some designs from a local Hawaiian artist named Heather Brown. She lives on the North Shore in Waikiki, where i bought two of her small prints. So this trip to Hawaii I wanted to add to my collection with some more of Heather's creative artwork. Unfortunately  my trip was to Maui and only one art gallery sold a few of Heather Brown's prints and all in large sizes and above the cost I was willing to spend!  She must have had a great year last year, because her prices have increased and she has her own clothing line through Rip Curl (sweaters, t-shirts, bathing suits and hats). But you can still buy her smaller prints by ordering them online, in case you might be interested!  Here's a small idea of her style or work, very colorful with a stained glass effect:
I enjoy the fact that you can buy several different prints and be able to put them together in one collection on your wall if you wanted because of how Heather repeats specific colors and styles in her different designs! And no, I do not make commissions on Heather's sales regarding this posting (not yet, anyway) but I really just wanted to pass along some of my favorite current art styles!

No comments:

Post a Comment