Monday, October 17, 2011

Being 30 is...Not so Bad!


The 30th birthday is special. You are now officially a mature and responsible adult who has the necessary wisdom to make important decisions in life. The 30th birthday heralds your adult status with measured indulgence. Therefore kick up your heels and indulge! I was lucky enough to indugle in several nesessary fulfillments that made my first year of being 30 not so bad! In fact, within my first year in this new decade, I went to Hawaii twice (5 weeks in total), changed careers (increase salary income by....nevermind but I'm smiling about it), and increased the property value of my house by updating the decor with renovations. Okay, the last one is definately not as exciting as the trips to Hawaii and great career move, but I love how modern my house is now, it makes me happy!

Turning 30 is a milestone in everyone's life. It's when other people start taking you more seriously and expecting more out of you and it's when you start to take yourself more seriously too.
"At the age of twenty, we don't care what the world thinks of us; at thirty, we worry about what it is thinking of us; at forty, we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all" - Anonymous



And really at 30, we're just getting started! Next week I'm turning 31 and I need to plan some adventures for this upcoming year. I'm not sure what to expect from this year but I'm hoping for some more fun in the sun vacation trips, a new car perhaps and maybe a increase in salary?! Perhaps the last one again is pushing it, but it's good to have goals.  I have heard of people having weekly goals set for therselves, but I never know what they are. Mine would be, eat at least 3 healthy meals a week and work out at least once. Well, as you can see I'm not motivated enough to give myself weekly goals and will just stick to yearly at this time!
"Time and Tide wait for no man, but time always stands still for a woman of thirty." - Robert Frost

So really, turning 30 is no big deal as long as you still look like your 25, which I still believe I do...somewhat. I think that as long as your are enjoying your life and make exciting goals to look forward too, turning any age should not become a worry but an adventure...again if you can remain looking like your 25!!

No comments:

Post a Comment